Live the Antarctic experience together with us
After their arrival on board Antarctic Airways’ aircraft, and their visit to the attractions described in the Full Day program, travelers of the Overnight program will stay the night on a specially conditioned camp near the spectacular Collins Glacier, capturing a privileged view of the summer Antarctic “sunset”. The next day, they will continue their adventure, before taking off to the capital of Magallanes.
ANTARCTICA OVERNIGHT ITINERARY
– ‘Villa Las Estrellas’ (First settlement inhabited by civilians).
– Lunch or a snack depending on the place and time of arrival.
– Navigation on a zodiac boat to Ardley Island to visit some penguin colonies and navigation around Collins glacier.
– Visit to the Orthodox Russian Church (At Bellingshausen Station).
– After the first day activities are over, passengers will be taken to the Ice Camp based on Collins glacier, located about 5 kms (6 miles) from the runway, where they will stay overnight. This Ice Camp includes a Thermic tent (module) as a dining room for the whole group, one special tent as a basic toilette and different small thermic and special tents (small modules) for two people each one, to spend the night.
– The next day: Walk to the “Elefanteras” (sea elephant colony), located in the Drake Passage Area.
– Visit to a Scientific Station.
– It is also possible to visit other tourist attractions, depending on the weather conditions, before returning to Punta Arenas.
Program includes four consecutive nights in hotel, in preparation for the Antarctic journey
*All Antarctic activities are subject to weather conditions.